Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frustrating bug in PHP5 extension packages, including mcrypt [affects roundcube]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrating bug in PHP5 extension packages, including mcrypt [affects roundcube]

I encountered a bug today that may affect some packages you guys are using, so here's a brief description just in case you come across it, I killed a lot of time fiddling around trying to work out what was wrong!

It seems to affect lots of php extensions, but I encountered it in the mcrypt extension specifically.

The module should have been isntalled to /etc/php5/mods-available/ but was instead installed to /etc/php5/conf.d/, and roundcube was throwing errors about it not being installed:

Code:
    [02-Apr-2014 22:10:51 +0100]: PHP Error: Could not perform encryption; make sure Mcrypt is installed or lib/des.inc is available in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 748 (POST /roundcube/?_task=login&_action=login)
    A workaround: copy the .ini file to the correct location and then sudo php5enmod foo.ini.

I guess creating a symlink would work too. Not sure if this would be better or worse for when the package gets updated.

Ubuntu 13.04

Packages:
    php5-mcrypt (5.4.6-0ubuntu3)
    roundcube-core:amd64 (0.9.2-2)
    roundcube-mysql:amd64 (0.9.2-2)
    samhobbs.co.uk
Working...
X