X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nVidia downgrades Linux driver for Windows parity

Via good old Slashdot I just found this disturbing news:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-Removed-a-Feature-From-the-Linux-Driver-Because-of-Microsoft-and-Windows-387933.shtml

Now it nowhere says the guy making the remark is really working for nVidia but the facts do tell a similar tale...

Removing a feature from the Linux driver for the sake of "Feature Parity" with the windows driver?

NONSENSE. Feature pairity didn't bother NVIDA for the last twenty years while Linux suffered with poorer drivers and no support. Now that they actually began supporting a superior OS why the sudden insistance on "parity"? Looks like the company everyone loves to hate, and for good reasonS, flexed some of its remaining muscle.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Looks like the company everyone loves to hate, and for good reasonS, flexed some of its remaining muscle.
      Sadly their monopoly is not quite dead or even injured yet, this is insane, on the flipside, nVidia doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds them, it's most likely that 'hand' sent some terse emails to nVidia, after all, Linux is a "cancer" (Ballmer). What to do with us Pinko Commies eh?!

Disclaimer: The commie thing is a joke, loving Linux does not necessarily make one 'left' leaning politically, speaking for myself, I prefer not to be a slave to the corporate/consumer model, and be spied on at the same time.
      Last edited by tek_heretik; Oct 05, 2013, 12:37 PM. Reason: Added disclaimer

Comment

Working...
      X