This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDE Equinox Desktop Environment

I had planned to post this some time ago and it slipped my mind and another thread on LXDE brought it back down out of the woodroom.

EDE is one of the group of REALLY "lightweight" DEs that were developed the last few years but fell off the radar.

It is C++(FLTK)

Here is the Wikipedia article.

The fellow known as Fragadelic was involved in producing the last, seemingly, workable version of it as an Ubu.

Fragadelic, who has absented himself of late, was one of the really prime movers behind the scenes in Linux and I am sad to see that he has absented himself. Fragadelic goes all the way back to Xandros... He produced "Remastersys"....which I have used for ....years....it will do a complete remaster of your distro, but because of "stuff" he has not made a release in some time..too bad...it worked..really...

But, here is his d/l page for EDE on Ubu.

http://www.remastersys.com/forums/in...4&topic=2345.0

It is an interesting DE, it may take some fiddling depending on your hardware but worth the effort.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

If you had the right icon theme in there you could almost make it look exactly like Windows 95 through ME. I mean, you already got the windowing theme.
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Well HELLO old friend!!!!

It is TRUELY good to see your phosphors!

woodhappysmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Oh, I've been hangin' around here still. I usually don't have much to say so I don't post much though.
        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Working...
        X