X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be looking for a desktop PC [used]

Let's face it: I am cheep. Froogal.

I am looking at alternatives to eBay for buying an old desktop PC to supplant my old laptop as she is getting creaky in spots. I could get another used mobo for the gal, but was thinking for the price of that (50-100 dollars) I figured I might look to find some used barebone PC of similar vintage (core 2 duo or equivalent) that might want to become her new friend I don't seem to come across much of a selection or variety selection of "barebone" used PCs, as all I need is a case/ps, mobo/cpu and maybe ram. I was hoping to find a bigger selection but it seems to be limited, even going out of my price range.

So, other than eBay, and the useless local stuff (craigslist, etc), are there any places that sell such cheep used stuff that I have not come across? Just looking for suggestions, as I have not made up my mind on adoption or surgery and am just looking to see how much money to save up.

I sent a friend of mine to a local PC shop the other day to have his Windows-related malware removed etc. They had used/refurbished/cleaned PCs for $100, already checked out. That might be something to look at if you have an assortment of small PC shops in your area.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I didn't think of that one. There are a couple around, one actually within walking distance for me.

Thanks Qmike!

Comment

The craigslist for my town periodically has some good deals (occasionally from me). You kinda have to watch early and often -- the best deals get snapped up fast.

Comment

Working...
        X