• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu.com kicks the community to web page footer

Here we go again.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-we...t/+bug/1172422

My $0.02 in comment #22.

I wonder if Jono realises that his reply to your comment (after conceding that people aren't rational) semantically boils down to: "I'm not interested in having a discussion with people".
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Doesn't surprise me.

For Canonical, "community" == "free labor"

And for a "Community Manager" who wrote a book on community management (no, that's not "recommended reading"...unless you wish to get a headache), Jono knows remarkably little about either community or management.
      Last edited by kubicle; Apr 26, 2013, 03:16 AM.

Comment

And that is why people write books--to try to figure things out for themselves. Some succeed, some fail. Another infamous example is psychologists who go into the business to figure themselves out; many begin by writing their first self-help book. Tell-tale profiles in human behavior.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

See my comment #27. Ah, I'm in a feisty mood today

One of these is not like the other:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cjvdBF4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	640325

(bigger version)
          Last edited by SteveRiley; Apr 27, 2013, 12:29 AM.

Comment

I feel like sending a telegram to Canonical... it would go something like this:

"Dear corporate overlords STOP
            Please please please STOP"

(Waits to get sued for plagiarism by Rowan Atkinson)
            sigpic
            "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
            -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
              (Waits to get sued for plagiarism by Rowan Atkinson)
              First time I read your reply, my brain substituted "Williams" for "Atkinson." I can't explain why, but I think that's really rather funny

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                First time I read your reply, my brain substituted "Williams" for "Atkinson." I can't explain why, but I think that's really rather funny
                LOL!

I must admit to a grudging respect for Rowan WIlliams - he defeated Richard Dawkins in a debate held at Cambridge University a couple of months back... no mean feat, that.
                sigpic
                -- Douglas Adams

Comment

A neat compilation with a dark message for those having invested in the once Ubuntu community...
                  But hey, it's Open Source and such a contribution can never be taken away.

Ubuntu was, and in my opinion is, a significant step-up for the ease of installation for not only Debian-derived systems, other Linux distro's have followed their early example.
                  Would another distro step forward to become a new shining light in OS land nothing stops us from taking part in it.
                  Ubuntu had and has it's use, at worst it destroys itself, until then I continue to enjoy Kubuntu and this forum.

Comment

In case you guys haven't been following the bug report, I would recommend that you take a look. The conversation has really become quite a spectacle. The excuse-mongering is borderline astonishing.

Comment

Ah so it was from the onset planned to bring the link back once the new community site was up to spec yet it was labelled as wontfix.
                      Yeah right!

Comment

Working...
                      X