Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is him, as the account has been verified. I don't think an impostor would have taken such a long time posting content and photos (I have had him circled since he joined). And why not have a G+ account?

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      And why not have a G+ account?
      I for one, have become very wary of Google, I don't appreciate their sneaky privacy policies and changes, they know enough of my business through searches, etc, that's good enough. Even in my Android, they want me to turn this or that on just to get to 'point b', do they really need to know where I am geographically, etc? Ope, wait, yep, so they can tell their customers they know what restaurants, book stores, etc, I go to and advertise to me accordingly. I left Windows in the dust because they were using my computer as a consumer demographic data collection tool, why would I be any different when it comes to Google? Used to like Google, but they way over stepped their boundaries. If they had an agreement pop up for every time they were invading a user's privacy (hypothetically, forced to by the courts let's say), they would go out of business.

Edit: I don't use farcebook for the same reasons, advertising greed and blatant sneaky privacy breaches.

Comment

Ok, I should have asked why not Linus having one?

Comment

Ok, I should have asked why not Linus having one?
          I am just surprised he has one, he is not fond of mega-corps and Google is one of the biggest. Maybe he has a good relationship with them because they used Linux to write Android, anything is possible. Apparently, correct me if I am wrong, Google uses mostly Linux on their servers and workstations.

Comment

started with KDE in Slackware Aammmmm 5-6-7 ,,,dont remember .
            Linus can say what ever he likes , it dose not bother me as long as he keeps up his kernel ,,,,,

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
              started with KDE in Slackware Aammmmm 5-6-7 ,,,dont remember .
              Linus can say what ever he likes , it dose not bother me as long as he keeps up his kernel ,,,,,

VINNY
              I agree, as far as I am concerned, KDE may not be perfect, but it's the best DE out there right now, settings wise, customization, functionality, aesthetics, etc etc, hands down, the best.

Comment

It is him, as the account has been verified. I don't think an impostor would have taken such a long time posting content and photos (I have had him circled since he joined). And why not have a G+ account?
                I too have had Linus on G+ since he joined, aswell as Claydoh and Greygeek. At first he almost only posted Linux kernel news, but then he or Linux Foundation made a Linux account that post those news.

If this were a fraud, that guy must be well aware of Linus interests and posting news about his scuba diving application, taking his kids to basketball etc.

I'd like to welcome Linus to KFN and we'll teach a thing or two about the KDE

edit;
                Originally posted by tek_heretik View Post
                I agree, as far as I am concerned, KDE may not be perfect, but it's the best DE out there right now, settings wise, customization, functionality, aesthetics, etc etc, hands down, the best.
                couldn't agree more!

b.r

Jonas
                Last edited by Jonas; Nov 02, 2012, 11:30 PM.
                ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                  I'd like to welcome Linus to KFN and we'll teach a thing or two about the KDE
                  Invite him, by all means. Likely he would politely decline, but it would be amazing if KFN had him as a member!
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    Invite him, by all means. Likely he would politely decline, but it would be amazing if KFN had him as a member!
                    Now, That would be very kool!!
                    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Linus' blog was discussed on /. and I spend some moderation on it :cool:
                      http://linux.slashdot.org/story/12/1...ikes-it-so-far

Comment

Originally posted by bsniadajewski View Post
                        Now, That would be very kool!!
                        Start a petition lol, I bet if enough asked he might.
                        Rob

Comment

His mailbox is likely hammered with invitations to this and that, though :P

He is not really new to KDE, he used it for years before he got displeased with 4.0 (and yes, he let everyone know it ), but he is also a Fedora guy IIRC....so he probably isn't that keen on joining a kubuntu forum...even if it is "better than toast with premium jam".

Comment

Working...
                          X