Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year's Eve 2011/2012 what did you do?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Year's Eve 2011/2012 what did you do?

I stayed home and watched T.V. The Scifi channel was/is running a Twilight Zone (original series) marathon -- every episode from start to finish. Watch a few. Had a few DVD's I rented that I watched as well. Oh, yeah, and spent time on the laptop.

I'm not into partying. The neighbors did their usual fireworks thing, but not as late into the night as they have done in the past. So for me, it was a quite night at home.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      I'm not into partying. The neighbors did their usual fireworks thing, ...
      At 70 "partying" means something entirely different... going to bed an hour later!

At the stoke of midnight I was awakened by a BLAST. I mean a BLAST, not the usual firework bombs, or those "salutes" that signal the end of a fireworks show. The concussion was like that produced by a stick of dynamite. I've used 50 sticks blowing out trees and destroying concrete structures. Those concussions were the equivalent to what I've heard a 1/4 lbs lump of 60% dynamite produce, and I formed the lump with my own hands and set the fuse myself. (That was in the early 70s, if I did that today I'd be labeled a "terrorist" and put in jail.) I don't know what they were setting off, but they produced half a dozen of the loudest explosions I have heard in 40 years.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

We watched the televised celebration at the Space Needle. Now that the kids have demonstrated they can stay up past midnight, we'll consider going next year -- looks like a blast!

(Oh, and of course I stayed away from KFN so you all would think we live us some crazy social life! )

Comment

Working...
        X