This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Linux I've seen

As a long time Linux twiddler, (normally resulting in a system lock up/reinstall of Windows after a couple of days >), I've recently tried Kubuntu on two systems, an AMD based desktop and a Acer Laptop (Aspire 1362WMLi) I am pleased to say that after three weeks, both systems are still happily running without any issues at all.

Both systems worked right out of the box after install. Upgrading to 'proper' nVidia 3D drivers was a breeze, and the laptop wireless was sorted using ndiswrapper within 20 minutes of me finding the package (my router blew up, but that's a different story).

Congrats to the Kubuntu team, you've transformed me from a twiddler to a user, I'll be sticking around this time.

Re: Best Linux I've seen

Hello, Codehead. Welcome to Kubuntu.

Lovely to hear that you had an easy install. I'm a new user of linux (almost 12 months now, yeehaa, K/ubuntu being my first and only distro) and I have had a pretty easy time of it too, and any problems I've had have been fixed with advice from here.  I read these forums pretty well every day, learn new things and help where I can. It's a good community, if you have any problems DO NOT hesitate to ask. After you've had a bit of a look and a Google, of course. Here is a really good link that may help with some things you may want to know:-

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/index.php

There are heaps of other places, of course, and I would encourage you to check some of them out.

Most of all, enjoy.

Cheers

Lowey
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Working...
    X