This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Back! AKA: The story of my (busy) life this summer

I was at a smelly wedding in New York, semi-downtownish, so I've been away from Canadians (except my family) and computers for a week. Pictures will come soon (gotta take pictures of the wedding out because the bride and groom don't want them on the net). Also, I couldn't take my laptop to New York because the fan died on me... it only lived for 4 months I think... freaking $1500CAD of me getting sunburned and attacked by mosquitoes from a summer from staining fences down the drain, but that God for the 2yr extended warranty and a pissed off father. I will be here all week this week on a windows computer (only K/Ubuntu live CD's to play with, that I got from Shipit 2 weeks ago, but I only want to use them if I really need to to answer questions)

Regarding my sig, I can't come online on weekends because I go to the Sherkston Shores trailer park to do absolutely nothing all weekend (I know it sounds like thats a bad thing, it isn't... it's VERY relaxing. If you live near Buffalo/Toronto you should check this place out!)

And now I'm acquiring another (well, a first real) job to fund my new ambition to build a computer. I currently stain fences ($5 a section, which is about half the price of real companies) and cut grass (no set wage, just whatever the client feels they should pay), but I figure those aren't real jobs, just side jobs, so this Job at a local Mrs. Vanellis in the food court of Vaughan Mills is going to be a first real job. I go in to a tour on Monday.

Also, I was just told that I have another wedding to go to in 2 weeks, again out of town (what is it with great aunts grandaughters whom I've never met or heard of getting married in the middle of Summer, and surprisingly actually knowing my parents?)

And just for the sake of continuing to turn this post into a blog, my laptop better be ready for this next wedding... because one week in New York without a laptop to get free WiFi was bad, but another week in Montreal is going to kill me. I don't know if it sounds like I am pissed about the fan breaking* over the internet, but I AM FUMING! I have go and finish a stain job in 2 hours, and just holding the paintbrush knowing I did this for 2 years now and a hell of a lot of money spent on this computer, and the fan breaks before it's 5 month birthday.

* = I'm not really too mad about the fan itself breaking, it's just that, when the fan broke the laptop must've gotten extremely hot because it not only broke the fan, but the sensor for the battery broke as well (the laptop always thinks the battery is 0% charge, meaning it's trying to charge it, which is killing the battery, because the battery is indeed 100% charge, so it is overcharging), as well as the wifi light (I don't know if the wifi works, but they repair man said he'd check, but I'm going to check as well by trying to catch one of my neighbours networks), and I think the processor was damaged (it seems to be getting slower), and probably many other things, buy me and my dad will piss the repair guys off till no end till this laptop is good as new, and we'll check every port. I just hope those guys don't format the HDD because I have movies and programs and serial backups on a partition. Hell even some pirated stuff (photoshop, at least until I qualify for a student price drop).

So that's what's going on in my life.

end rant and time to start a posting spree, after some long-deserved halo playing
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Re: I'm Back! AKA: The story of my (busy) life this summer

This sounds like a "Desparate Housewives" episode. You don't know anybody like Mrs Solis I suppose?

Comment

Mrs who? I assume she's a character on the show.

Comment

Welcome back!!
        Too bad about the laptop, though. Hope you get to fix it ASAP.

(Btw, I'm not to fond of going to weddings... )
        Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Yeah, especially when you know no one there and there's no one your age there (though not too much or a problem with adults, more for kids)

Also, I wrote smelly wedding in the first sentence because New York is smelly! I used to live in Toronto, and thought the smog was bad even still when I visit there occasionaly, but NYC SMELLS, and it is twice as smoggy as T.O, and people there can't drive, I almost got hit by some guys lexus because he doesn't know what a stop light looks like.

Comment

Working...
          X