X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, goodbye to kubuntu for now...

I've moved over to KDE on Debian Squeeze for awhile

A couple of the things I really need are broken in Natty (but they're also broken in Debian Testing - for example, devede which sort of works in Natty is completely broken in Wheezy - and I think the developer's lost interest).

I'm not real big on The Debian Way, but Squeeze packages are slightly newer than most Maverick packages and if I've gotta park somewhere for awhile I figured I'd have a little more enjoyable experience without plymouth and upstart

I quit using Fedora years ago because it was a little too bleeding edge and I'm kinda feeling the same way about *buntu these days as well. So - I think I'm gonna run Squeeze for awhile and just enjoy my systems

Anyway, I'm not one of those elitist nitwits and I think I'll continue to hang out here still if y'all don't mind - the Debian forums are a zoo and I get a heck of a lot more from this place than I put into it.

cheers -

-- wiz
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Re: well, goodbye to kubuntu for now...

Hey Wizard I run Debian Sid (aptosid) as my main work system, and devede runs just fine. And our Kubuntu buddies haven't thrown me off the forum yet!

Comment

Originally posted by wizard10000
      Anyway, I'm not one of those elitist nitwits and I think I'll continue to hang out here still if y'all don't mind - the Debian forums are a zoo and I get a heck of a lot more from this place than I put into it.
      Hi....

Cool, I'm glad you're sticking around. Your expertise is greatly needed.

Regards...
      Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
      How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
      PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

Originally posted by wizard10000
        I'll continue to hang out here still if y'all don't mind - the Debian forums are a zoo and I get a heck of a lot more from this place than I put into it.
        So say we all
        Welcome newbies!
        Verify the ISO
        Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

I don't believe it is a requirement to run Kubuntu in order to hang out at this watering hole!

I'm glad you are hanging around. Your talent makes an essential contribution!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

We'll keep the light on for ya.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, guys -

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress.

we see things not as they are, but as we are.
              -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
              X