This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Verhoeven's Roughnecks DVDs in Natty

If you saw Starship Troopers and had previously read Heinlien's work.

Then you, as I, might have been disappointed, at the producer's "vision" of what Starship Troopers should "be about"....

and saw what it was but also what it "could have been"...

Welll Roughnecks....is a VERY GOOD interpretation of what the show " could have been"...

All the way to the "troopers" "launching" individually as per the book, even protecting their noses as in a navy guy jumping from a burning air craft carrier during WWII.

Now....given.....all of the video and people are "computer generated"... so... I'd suggest maybe not paying a lot of attention to face detail....

and the first hour of the first cd has music in which the producer was "finding his/her legs"....but the music "steps up" in the second dvd especially....

If one wanted to see a realtively good interpretation of Heinlein's work as he originally intended it.....this might be a good purchase...

I'm on the second DVD after enabling DVDs in Natty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roughne...ers_Chronicles

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Re: Paul Verhoeven's Roughnecks DVDs in Natty

Heinlein forsaw MIRSA

It didn't matter how many of the "bugs" that the troopers killed, as long as there was one bug left to "lay eggs" it....had survived....and was stronger....

This is where the biologists....not the global warmingists have got it right....we are killing bugs with anti-biotics by the untold quadritrillions....but there is alway.....one "bug" that survives and we have to face it the next year.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Re: Paul Verhoeven's Roughnecks DVDs in Natty

The real operative term with this set of DVDs is "willing suspension of disbelief".

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X