This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Build Your Own Home Phone Server

Don’t be intimidated; connecting Google Voice to your own home telephone line using Incredible PBX just takes a few configurations on this screen.

There’s a cheap and fairly simple way that you can ditch Ma or Pa Bell. The trick entails using an old PC to set up your own PBX in your home, and then connecting this PBX to Google Voice.

We’re going to show you how to set up your own home PBX server, how to connect it to Google Voice, and how to connect your landlines to the entire network.
    - http://www.maximumpc.com/article/how...e_phone_server

...It's a pity that Google Voice is not available in the UK...
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Re: How to Build Your Own Home Phone Server

It is also a pity that it doesn't work in Nightly (FF 6.0) either.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I wish I could do it. But I have to be able to accept collect calls, a feature none of the VOIP providers has.

Comment

I got tired of my Skype phone calls being rejected because of no caller ID. I searched the Skype site and discovered a way to have Skype use my wireless number as the caller ID. Works like a charm.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X