This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

answering a question.

I'm not going to mention the particular situation because I don't want people to get up in arms or to feel "puffed up" or such.

However, there is an "app" that I ran across that I had not seen before. So.. as so many of the "old groaners" have said when somebody asked a relatively simple question..........go read the RTFM or "use the search function" or some such....

So.......I did that! I searched in Google and read about what the app did and, in part because of my VAST EXPERIENCE I figured out why it was there.........for the experienced people to be able to interact with underlying apps which the average person would never even know was there.....

BUT...........the point behind this rambling post....

There were many Google returns for the Ubuntu forums, not necessarily Kubuntu, that were best described as...

circular reasoning.... the answers that were posted were not really answers, the posts LOOKED like answers but did not actually answer the question.

There was also ONE Google return for the Kubuntu forums ......and in that thread was a definitive post to an external site which gave the "general answer" and then subsequent specific posts describing the specific situation.

so....

+1 Kubuntu forums.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Re: answering a question.

Yes, I've run across that before when looking up stuff. I agree too that KubuntuFroms when it does show up usually has the best answer.

Comment

Working...
    X