This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wikileaks exposed, not about "freedom of information" but about pride

As i said elsewhere, I merely cast bread upon the waters and it returns as apple pie!

OSLO (AFP) – As if there isn't enough intrigue around Wikileaks and its enigmatic founder, a Norwegian daily that laid hands on the same US classified documents says it has infuriated Julian Assange by playing his own game.

Since last December, the daily Aftenposten, the Nordic country's paper of reference, has been "leaking" the Wikileaks diplomatic secrets but according to its own choice and pace -- independent of the script set by Assange in a deal with five world-renowned papers.

Soooo it seems as if the leaks are not about "freedom of information" and breaking the oppression of the folks by the big bad evil corporations and big bad evil governments....

It is about pride....

Hey..........look at ME! rather like a bully on a playground....in the third grade.... and if you don't do what.......I......want.......I'm going to stamp my foot!!! on the ground! and kick gravel in your face!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110130...20110130052025

Ahhhhh yes.....bread upon the waters!!

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Re: wikileaks exposed, not about "freedom of information" but about pride

... laid hands on the same US classified documents...
    mmm... So, did the source that supplied WikiLeaks also supply Norwegian daily Aftenposten news editor, Ole Erik Almlid? Or, did he get the document directly from the US government, after agreeing to an agenda to neutralize, or at least minimize, the effect of the leaks?

(Assange) called both a crusader and a criminal and whose other troubles include possible extradition to Sweden to face allegations of rape and sexual molestation ...
    "called"? By whom? And why the character assassination? He has no criminal record so he can't be a "criminal", even if he is hunted by the US. A rundown of the "charges" are here. To call them flimsy is being generous.

"When the WikiLeaks documents first started appearing in the big international newspapers, the angle was really 'Here are the cables. This is what the United States thinks of the rest of the planet',"
    True. They are, after all, cables sent and received by the US government, and of those released the cables sent by our government are NOT too flattering. They give me cause to wonder if those sending the messages have even read the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Right, much less understand them.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Bravo old Grey Geeky Guy!!

Ummmm maybe I could address you as (G)^3?

But....'pon consideration.........naaahhhhhh!

woodallforabbreviationwithatouchofcompletenesssmok e
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Hmm. Me thinks 'additives' are being included in the 'woodsmoke'!
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I wonder if it is possible to smoke fox news? As far as I can tell, it is a hell of a buzz!
          FKA: tanderson

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
            Hmm. Me thinks 'additives' are being included in the 'woodsmoke'!
            Maybe it's not "wood"?
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

wile wear on who smokes what smoke can smoke what.

I've often wandered what was in Snowhog's pipe on the three pipe problem
              ...........LMFAO...........Ahum yes sorry Snowhog I couldn't resist.

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Now here i was trying to be SERIOUS!!!

That'll LEARN ME!!!

woodNOTTHATKINDOFsmoke!
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke
                    wood{allforabbreviationwithatouchofcompleteness}smoke
                    Just in case anyone didn't get the joke.
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                    X