Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rolling release!! What do you think?

You probably need to be in the UK to get this...
    I love it!

One thing that the Brits have is some actual live t.v. that is not snide and derisive of anything that is not extremely liberal....with the exception of favourite home videos! lol

And did I see two Schmoos? Woah talk about a blast from the past.

And, again, in the U.S. I used to be able to talk about the particular food chain of the bluetit, but no more....nooooooo....... the name bluetit has the word...um....BLUE in it and one CAN NOT use such a word in our politically hypercharged correct education atmosphere....

One of the things I used to love about NPR, before they became so politically charged also was that they had a "quiz show" on it wherein the contestants, usually intellectuals or at least "persons of note" were given the questions ahead of time and the point wasn't the answer but the WAY in which the answer was delivered and the surrounding information which might be serious but was usually humerous.... I think that they gave maybe 3 points in the whole show....usually "half points" were very parsimoniously doled out... just loved it...

But not anymore.... now we have UNENDING...............commentary.........on "there ARE.....concerns...."

drone, drone, drone.......

Great fun....WERE those to light purple things Schmoos?

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I like being able to break things between releases.
      A person after my own heart!

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke
        And, again, in the U.S. I used to be able to talk about the particular food chain of the bluetit, but no more....nooooooo....... the name bluetit has the word...um....BLUE in it and one CAN NOT use such a word in our politically hypercharged correct education atmosphere....
        "BLUE" is a PC word? Isn't the "Bluetit" a bird? What's the na,me of the food chain?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

One cannot use the word "tit" in class because it might offend somebody.

The classic chain is grass>"herbiverous insect">bluetit>branching to snake or hawk.

It is all very irritating.

There was a Spanish teacher that was teaching "diphthongs"..... and a student complained that the teacher was talking about "thongs"(as in the underwear)...

These people are not in college to get an education, they are there to collect the government dole and have "fun" by irritating "the system" in any way possible.

It is all not only very irritating, it is also cr@#.

woodsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Oh, A BIOLOGICAL food chain ... I was thinking of a commercial food chain, like McDonalds...
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

lol
              sorry!

woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
              X