This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my F'ed computer

Well the other day i was installing a linux-mandrake CD onto one of my computers and in the middle of it after choosing everything. it was in the installing process and BAM!!! a blackout five minutes after the lights were back on and then tried turn the computer back on and Nothing... NOTHING!!! the screen was blck even though yopu can see the computer is on. I tried to put the CD ion an out to see if it would work. and NOTHING!!! now my favorite computer is just sitting there and it wont do anything. elas, i will try tp put another hard drive in it because i think this one is 5h!7 now.
    if anyone knows or think they can help me please do PM me as i check it more often.
    please, make fun of this as you please! :P
    --
    JB

Re: my F'ed computer

You should be able to get the cdrom that's in the drive out by inserting a straightened paperclip into the little hole on the drive (not the headphone jack). Then download the "kubuntu-desktop" live CD with second favorite computer, and try to run it to check whether your hard drive is really hosed. Of course, you don't need the Kubuntu live CD, any linux live CD will do, but the Kubuntu one will save time if you really have to re-install.

Comment

Working...
    X