This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoes And...Uh...

I'm fed up of codes and terminals. Why not make an operating system easy to install/uninstall, fix and update. I'm starting to love XP more.

On a lighter note I'm buying some new shoes. I might buy some custom shoes from Converse.

Re: Shoes And...Uh...

Hey marshcaptain.

Don't get to frustrated. My first venture into Linux many years ago was less than satisfying. It wasn't until two years ago that I ventured again into Linux. I started with Kubuntu Edgy Eft. I had problems with my sound, screen resolution, and getting DVDs to play. I plugged away, asked questions here in KFN, doing my best to provide good information. I received lots of help - some good, some not so good. I got the answers finally, and the feeling of getting it all to work was amazing.

Don't give up. The answers are 'out there.' This forum does have a lot of expertise, and most everyone desires to be of help.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

To me that sounds like BS. Every flavour of Linux crashed on me no matter what I did and now I have a useless OS sitting on my HDD which refuses to start. Everyone is treating me like an idiot and won't help. Now the Linux Community to me is a big bully.

Comment

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'll back off and won't bother you any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          I'm sorry you feel that way. I'll back off and won't bother you any more.
          No don't do that I'm sorry for saying all this I'm just tired of everyone saying Linux started up and worked fine and I'm stuck with it failing. I just wanted a clean, stable OS with lots of support and friendly community and like other OS communities I'm treated like a fool.

Anyway what colour shoes do you like? I like bright colours but I still don't know what kind of shoes I want.

Comment

XP starts up smooth without any driver hassles because the motherboard manufacturers give you a nice CD with all the drivers.
            Hardware designers don't pay attention to Linux compatibility
            But I suggest you don't give up on Linux, sooner or later you will find a solution to everything, but on the way you'll learn many things.

Anyways give a link to all your earlier posts.....although I am not an expert but have learnt somethings fixing my problems, I'll see if I can help

I love Shiny Jet Black Shoes.
            Ragged brown also look cool

I just checked your other posts.....you have a netbook.
            The next version of Kubuntu i.e. Karmic Koala 9.10 releasing on Oct29 will release a netbook version also. So maybe in next edition you will get a smooth system
            And did you try the Ubuntu netbook remix http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/download-netbook

Comment

I just wanted something that works that needs easy information on how to solve problems but Linux isn't that. Apparle thank you. I will stick to Linux for a while. (I want an open desktop look like Mac and Windows).

With the shoes, ragged down shoes look good.

Comment

Originally posted by marshcaptain
                To me that sounds like BS. Every flavour of Linux crashed on me no matter what I did ....
                Which flavors, specifically, of LInux have you tried besides Kubuntu 9.04 ??
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I like pie... and Kubuntu
                  # make install --not-war

Comment

One of the great things about Kubuntu and a number of other distros is ... LIVE CD's.
                    This means you download, buy, borrow, ... a CD, boot your computer from it and try all of its features,
                    without installing it, removing you current OS and 'Try before you buy'. If you don't like it, move on to another. When you find one that recognizes your exotic hardware and generally suits you, then you can install it.

Kubuntu also has ... forums. If you install and have a problem, post - explain what the problem is and real people will try to help you - free, no charge, no strings attached, without any cost to you.

Regarding shoes, the thing I go for is comfort - I test walk a pair and only buy those that feel real good.
                    Most of my shoes are color co-ordinated to match my wardrobe - I have two pairs, one black, one brown and two pairs of sandals, one for good, one for everyday use.
                    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Shoes?

Genetic foot deformities prevents me from wearing most shoes, so I wear sandals.
                      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

I must say, I feel marshcaptain's pain. I've never used MS-Windows and always stuck with Linux , but it's only recently that I feel relaxed about it. In fact, I'm not afraid to say "I hate Linux" - but the fact still remains that it is by far the best choice available to me.

One of the first things that really used to get me was wrong information. Yes, that's right WRONG. People are very helpful in person, but a lot of stuff which is written on the net is not right. Apart from the obvious reasons for that, one of the main causes (and it used to be much worse) is that the OS keeps changing and if you follow a howto for one distro it won't work for another etc, etc, etc,. Often people don't specify what distro or version or hardware they are talking about. Hooking up with a friendly (and knowledgeable) forum like this is the best solution. Another thing is to not try to chew off too much at a time. I practice that one by trying another live distro shortly after the first one fails. It is amazing how often a distro (or even version) will work like a charm, right out of the box, where the first one failed.

Comment

Ole Juul@

Aptly said. Sound advise.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
                            To me that sounds like BS. Every flavour of Linux crashed on me no matter what I did ....
                            Which flavors, specifically, of LInux have you tried besides Kubuntu 9.04 ??
                            I've tried openSUSE, Ubuntu and Fedora. All failed to install or boot after it crashes.

Comment

I've tried openSUSE, Ubuntu and Fedora. All failed to install or boot after it crashes.
                              One deb based distro and two RPM based distros.

In checking back I see that no one has asked you specifically what your hardware is: make, model, cpu, memory, video chip, audio chip, usb version, cdrom and/or dvd. Can you supply this information?

Comment

Working...
                              X