This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirts

As a result of some of the side talk in the Firefox 3.5 thread, I shot my mouth off and said I should put together shirt designs based on a couple of the comments made by a couple of our forums regulars, dibl and Snowhog. http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...0169#msg190169

So, I have put together the first one, I think. Knowing my own shirt wearing habits, and based upon observations I have made of other people, I am likely to try to put these designs on something other than a white shirt, but for now, I have not figured out how to properly assign a non-white background in Scribus, so I have them laid out with the white background for the moment.

If I do get these printed up, I'm going to look for an option that will be a little nicer than CafePress. Feedback on shirt color options, and indication of a willingness to own the shirts would be helpful on making it so I can effectively look into the printing options. Likely I'll just charge cost of production + shipping if these actually go into production.

Since I produced a file that was too big to upload, I tossed it up on my domain instead. Check it out and let me know if there are any suggestions on how to improve it. I could probably do screen caps of actual window decorations for the terminal window... but what I got was done just using the shapes available to me in Scribus, and limiting the number of colors in the design makes it easier to do a proper screen print. http://link.deathkitten.net/if_it_aint_broke.pdf

Re: Shirts

I absolutely love it as the way it is!
    I've got couple of friends, who I know would like to be wearing it. And whom I'd like to see wearing it as well. But, as always, when it comes down to it, there's always the...international shipping....
    See here 1st.https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...Qs-amp-Answers

Comment

I'll look into international shipping options, let you know what I find out.

Comment

Zeezuz, still no other shirt fans, I just cannot believe it.
        See here 1st.https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...Qs-amp-Answers

Comment

nice work death kitten!

i also am working on a shirt , in scribus and cant change my background color..., gonna make a RSEIUB shirt.... that way i can't forget. when i get it done i will upload a pic for everyone to see, and let me know when u get a price, i could always use another one.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I love the shirt.

I bought a computer with Ubuntu 8.04 preinstalled about 2 weeks ago. I immediately did a Sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and it broke.

Out came the Kubuntu 9.10 disc. Man it was like fate.

Let me know when the shirts are priced.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48

gonna make a RSEIUB shirt....
              I cannot wait for the graphic of the skinny elephant!

Comment

a really quick mock up .. , i have got to make that elephant skinnier.
                and fix the text.........
                Attached Files

Comment

ha ha ha -- good start, sithlord!

Yeah, make that elephant SKINNY!

Comment

kinda funny story to that , is that i was sitting home one day, and i got a call from a friend (who is over 400 miles away). wanting me to fix a machine. so after about 2 hours i managed to get there stuff working (phone tech support is so hard). it turns out the machine was a friend of his who makes custom shirts, so he offered to make me a shirt of my design (the rseiub shirt was born). after i finish it i will send it to him and get one yeah!, perhaps he can help death kitten (although i believe it was only black and white that his equipment can do )

Comment

Working...
                    X