X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and i just want to introduce my self and share my recent Kubuntu experience. My name is Dan, and i just recently downloaded and installed Kubuntu on my old P4 desktop, and i absolutely love it. I had intended to dual boot with windows XP, but it wont boot into XP. However, i could care less i am really loving kubuntu right now. I had tried ubuntu about a year ago and i did like it, but never got into it. For me kubuntu is much more visually appealing, and it works really well. I am building a brand new computer and i now plan on running Kubuntu as the only OS.

Im sure i will have Kubuntu related questions along the way, thanks in advance

Dan
    • [li]ASUS M3N78-VM Motherboard[/li][li]AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Ed.[/li][li]WD 640GB HDD[/li][li]Corsair XMS2 4GB RAM[/li][li]LG DVR+RW[/li][li]Kubuntu 8.10 64bit & XP Home[/li]

Re: Greetings

Let be one of the first to say welcome. i have found great answers here . browse art work some time you'll see i have been busy :-) . anyhow hope your experience stays positive

Comment

Hi Dan, welcome aboard!

Your wallet will thank you, your PC will thank you, and the viruses will ignore you.
      GG
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

heya dan.
        i had a similar experience with kubu.
        first i thought i had to use xp for wireless connection, until linuxwireless.org made
        their instructions for my wlan idiotproof, hehe.

@starwolf, i have seen some of your work, an liked what i saw. keep it up mang!

compaq presario v5208TU, <br />intel mobile 945GM/PM/GMS 943/940GML<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; celeron M 410 @1.46GHz, 1.96G ram<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Broadcom BCM94311MCG wlan mini-PCI (rev 01)<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; #! 9.04(solid!) and LMDE

Comment

Welcome Dan, I have recently joined the Kubuntu community too and I have no desire to go back. People here are very kind and helpful. Also the forum is already full of topics answering to all the questions we, newbies 8), may have.

I hope you will enjoy discovering your new system and its awesome possibilities as much as I do.
          Configuration:<br />Kubuntu 9.04<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 - Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R - 4x1024 Corsair DDR2-6400 - ATI Radeon HD4850

Comment

welcome dan, been here since about 06 (yea i don't post much) and i could not be happier.
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Hello Dan welcome to the great world of linux!!! I am relatively new too!!! Good luck. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X