Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been gone for a month!! What did I miss?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been gone for a month!! What did I miss?

Well, I haven't logged in on any Linux box since March 25 coz my PC was accidentally damaged by the technician who was supposed to fix it (long story short, the fan on my video card won't spin). And since I didn't have any other PC around and couldn't go online often, I'm quite outdated.

So, what's been happening in the Linux world while I was gone? What did I miss? How about KDE? Ubuntu? Kubuntu? I'm so lost...

Grr... > I wish there was a way I could get updated on some news even when I'm away from my beloved black box (my CPU's case is black). I do have a smartphone (Windows powered... yech :P) but I'm not sure if there's an RSS reader for it.

I'm still not using my Kubuntu, because the video driver I installed was nVidia, but the one I'm using now is an integrated graphics thingy (VIA S3G) and I have no idea how to fix that.
    Jucato's Data Core

Re: I've been gone for a month!! What did I miss?

Was March 25, before, or after, Dapper was delayed until June 1? Apparently, from the posts, here, they've still got a few things to do before Dapper is ready. As an old Program Manager, I believe that the anger at a short schedule delay dissipates a lot sooner than the long term upset of an unfixed problem.

Comment

That was after the Dapper delay. I was into the discussion in the ubuntuforums how this delay is more favorable in the long run.

The last Dapper Flight I got was F5. I see now that while I was away, F6 was released. and F7 was released just now (http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/re...pper/flight-7/). But what the heck is Kubuntu 6.06 LTS?

Any news from the KDE front? what's the latest update? the last one I had was KDE 3.5.1.

I spent half a month setting up my RSS/news feeds in Akregator. now I have to catch up with a month's worth of news (and gossips?)
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Kubuntu is now on KDE 3.5.2, which, I believe is the latest.

Comment

Kubuntu Dapper is Kubuntu 6.06 LTS (Long Term Support). Dapper is getting support for 3 years on the desktop and 5-6 on the server (don't quote me, I'm just trying to remember). There were TWO LTS beta's and the first one (the one I myself downloaded) had a bug in the installer (and forced me to reinstall Kubuntu, but now I have a completely up-to-date Kubuntu System)

Also, for those who want to try Kubuntu Dapper, but need a script to get everything running for them, EasyUbuntu now works for Xubuntu/Kubuntu and Dapper as a whole.
          <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Wow so that's what LTS means! Thanks Nirvana!
            I guess I can wait for a few more weeks for the official Dapper release, then upgrade!
            Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Working...
            X