This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KUDOS...

Just wanted to say "kudos to the KUBUNTU team"! I am new to LINUX and have tried about 6 other distros, both Live CD and installs and this is the best!! I was preparing to remove my LINUX partitions and continue with XP when I read a review of KUBUNTU and thought, what the heck! Might as well give it a whirl. Tried the Live CD and was impressed with what I found. It found all of my hardware which most other distros did not. It came with the latest version of FireFox which others did not. The applications worked as advertised while other distros were not that consistent. So I took the plunge and downloaded the install CD and, again, it worked as advertised. Total install time including download was about 2 hours.
    I am particularly fond of the Adept package. It is clear, informative, and easy to use. As a Windows user, I appreciate not having to poke around in the code to get things working. One thing that bothered me was that FireFox was not the default browser on the install CD and I had to add it. But Adept made that easy. And of course, I had to upgrade Java but even that was easier thanks to clear instructions in the forum.
    The minimalist desktop is a bit disconcerting but hey, I can change that if I want to. And a lack of documentation put me off a bit but that is also consistent with other distros.
    As I said, you have restored my faith in LINUX and I have a chance to get a true feel for it without wasting a lot of time just trying to get things to work. I am not a developer, just a garden-variety user and anything that makes my computing life easier is appreciated.
    Thanks again for the great job...

Re: KUDOS...

I also installed Firefox on Kbreezy. Getting flash is automatic on it. The best part is that you can import
    all plugins from Firefox to konqueror, including flash.
    That is a bonus, because it's hard to install it manually...

Comment

Working...
    X