This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallpaper on new live cd

I just tried the new kubuntu live cd [kubuntu351+koffice15b1.iso] and love the default wallpaper (and some others there also).
    Q. 1. Where can I get them from to add to my system?
    Q. 2. Why is the live cd only in German - or am I missing something?

Nigel
    It's not a problem - it's a learning opportunity!

Re: Wallpaper on new live cd

Originally posted by nigelr
    I just tried the new kubuntu live cd [kubuntu351+koffice15b1.iso] and love the default wallpaper (and some others there also).
    Q. 1. Where can I get them from to add to my system?
    Q. 2. Why is the live cd only in German - or am I missing something?

Nigel
    A1: try looking in /usr/share/wallpapers/

A2. At the start of the Live CD, select the second option from the bottom, something like change language, and select American (if you have an American Keyboard)... then when your in, click K > Settings > 4th from the bottom (the flags) > second from the top (flags again) and click Default (the purple C) and select your area and language. restart X (Ctrl Alt Backspace... do not restart the computer becuas then the changes won't work). This should give you the proper keyboard and language.
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Re: Wallpaper on new live cd

Thanks. I actually thought that it might be on the web somewhere.
      I did managed to navigate to /usr/share/wallpapers (using the German) and copied them to a floppy - how come Kubuntu live doesn't automagically show the partitions on the hard drive?

Anyway, I downloaded the new Kubuntu live cd and the 'English language option' is now offered as one of the first steps :-)
      It&#039;s not a problem - it&#039;s a learning opportunity!

Comment

Working...
      X