Comment

Re: Linux distro chooser

Kubuntu or Mepis for me 2 8) 8) 8)
      Noooooooooobie learning.

Comment

Originally posted by James1
        Kubuntu or Mepis for me 2 8) 8) 8)
        me 3. and in the in addition section I got Debian and Ubuntu.
        <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Ubuntu, Kubuntu, then Mepis.
          Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Kubuntu and Gentoo here.

Comment

Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mandriva, OpenSuSE. As well, matched to Debian, MEPIS, PCLinuxOS, Knoppix, Fedora and Gentoo. I have only ever used Xandros (for a week) and then Ubuntu/Kubuntu. It would appear that Linux and I are suited. Now if I could only get a similar result on that dating website..........
              I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

I came to Kubuntu from Fedora Core 4. I'm finding Kubuntu is a better distro for KDE. Prior to that it was SUSE for me. I like the kanotix Live CD and also DSL. Strangely (for one who can't quite get comfortable with Gnome) I like Beatrix. Its like the OS for people who don't care about the OS

Comment

analyticalman, you've used DSL? How was it? I installed it on an Intell 166...and when I enabled apt, and tried to apt-get something, I was always thrown with dependancy errors. It was a real pain in the ass. MyDSL is cool, but has very limited apps... and apt-get is useless...
                  <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

aah you got me. I've only used it as a live CD. When my computer crashed and burned, all I had was my work laptop. Couldn't install anything - not much RAM - so DSL live CD booted with the "toram" command gave me a very nice Linux laptop which I modded with the MyDSL system. Just one question - was it DSL 2.0?

Comment

Kubuntu, Ubuntu and Debian for me.
                      I actually tried Phat Linux (remember? The linux that runs on Windows first , then used Mandrake for a year or so, the Debian for a few months, then Kubuntu for the past year and a half or so.

Comment

it says

Kubuntu
                        SuSE
                        Mandriva

Comment

That Link is the link that made me want to use Kubuntu... I am so glad that I did too.

It has some things that I am not used to but I love it.

Dice

Comment

I got Ubuntu, SuSE, Kubuntu and Mandriva. I started with Ubuntu (though I've used Red Hat and Fedora before on my web server, I used cpanel and whm so didn't learn anything ) and downloaded the Kubuntu desktop as I was fed up with the brown gnome, and wanted to try KDE. I'm glad I did- I find it much easier to use.

Comment

Working...
                            X