Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needing writers for a free 'buntu e-mag...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing writers for a free 'buntu e-mag...

I'm in the middle of creating a free e-mag called Full Circle which covers ALL flavours of 'buntu (so includes ubuntu, kubuntu, xubuntu and edubuntu), but i'm needing more people to write articles for the emag.

Articles can be on ANYthing... send a screen of your desktop and tell us how you got it (widgets, wall paper etc). Why did you leave Windows? What made you pick Linux? Why 'buntu? What do you think about free software? Do you agree with the GPL? Write how-to's on your favourite software. Review hardware and software. Seriously; just write whatever you'd like to have read when you started in Linux. Even if your a n00b, write about your experiences of beginning Linux...

I've attached a copy of the cover i'm working on, it is of course beta... cover image and text will change when I finalise content but please, help out, this is for the 'buntu community.

I'm hoping it'll be a monthly thing and it'll be available as a downloadable PDF file. I'm using Gimp for graphics and Scribus to create the magazine layout.

When I get some example pages laid out i'll post a four or five page example PDF for people to comment on...
    Attached Files

Re: Needing writers for a free 'buntu e-mag...

It's a bit off-topic, but if you like I'll write a review of Battle for Wesnoth
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Re: Needing writers for a free 'buntu e-mag...

I wouldn't mind pitching in. I should be able to come up with some topics since I use Kubuntu exclusively at home (and when I can sneak it at work). I have been using Linux for many years and (K)Ubuntu since I believe hoary days (maybe Warty?). Not to say that I am an expert by any means because I certainly am not, just been there done that on several topics.

Comment

Working...
      X