This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problems with Laptop

I just installed kubuntu 5.10 on my laptop, and I have had absolutely no problems.  I have only ever had kubuntu on my desktop, and SuSe on my laptop so I thought I would give Kubuntu a try on my laptop.  My resolution worked perfectly with no changes needed on my part even though it is a widescreen and the wireless card was found immediately.  Bluetooth was found.  Now to get WPA working.  This is great. By the way, I am using an HP dv1000 for those of you who have one and want to try kubuntu, linux in general.

Re: No problems with Laptop

Hello Open Source,

I too have a DV1000, and just put kubuntu on it. Everything worked perfectly "out of the box" except the media keys and function bindings. I was wondering if you were able to get these to work either natively to KDE or with an external program.

Best,

Tomás

Comment

I actually never worked on them. I don't use them in Windows, so I just didn't really think about them in Linux. Sorry I am of no help.

Comment

I installed kubuntu on my laptop (dv1000), installation goes very well, but is something strange, the led of wireless keeps with no light in this thread seams to be normal ( http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=314.0 ). I put my key, but i can't make this connect. In SUSE 10.1 connect perfect de WLAN In kubuntu i have to install some drivers?, do you know where i can find the drivers of motherboard?

Thanks for your time, and I'm sorry for my english.

Comment

Working...
        X