• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A how to combine metisse and beryl for kde

A how to combine metisse and beryl for kde
    Lets just say up front this is a combination and it isnt
    let me explain
    I tried running kde gnome metisse lg3d etc in different tt1-tt7 but they crashed kdm this way all the time
    Im a mac and windows user though Ive gotten my feet wet before with linux --everytime though I want to much choice and end up destroying my own system --well I still got that bug I want kde gnome lg3d beryl and metisse and Im ignorent enough not to know better
    after reading around with google I saw no answers so i decided to find one and did
    It isnt perfect Im still working on combining them but it does work
    the most importatant aspect Is I love Skewed windows in metisse and beryl just dosnt have the same equivalent

so here goes

I have all of them running and this is not doctored but it has been converted from png to jpg and scaled down
    Its a thumbnail if you click it larger version will open up from image shack

any how this is how I got beryl and metisse to live together --kindo

First off I didnt select any of them i chose the failsafe in kdm

once the terminal was presented I opend several sessions ill get to why in a minute
    in the first one I fire the Xmetisse protocol
    in the second I fire up beryl-manager
    In the third kicker
    in the 4th gnome-panel
    in the 5th ./usr/share/lg3d/bin/lg3d-app-full
    in the 6th xmetisse fvwm session
    now by nature they dont all want to get along and it isnt easy to get from one another
    that is unless you leave the beryl equivelent of expose from mac runing in beryl

simply hit f9 or use the mouse hot spot to switch between them

one drawback is the fact that about 1 out of 4 times the fvwm panel dosnt appear in that area and without it you cant minimize windows that are using that window manager

Im workiing on blending them all together since its obvious that they can all coexist in the same session

Im close but its buggy
    once I get the bugs worked out Ill share with everyone

Re: A how to combine metisse and beryl for kde

I know this is a quick reply but I figured it out
    I run my desktop at 1600x1200
    so I ran metissa -fvwm and lg3d at 1600x1000 then since I could grab them as a window I assigned them to a side of my beryl cube each so I can hit cntrl+alt right or left to cycle between them

im close to actually getting the two to work together with a shell script Im writing but it is unstable still but it does do the trick of fullscreen one on every side of my cube

Comment

Working...
    X