This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X86_64 AMD dual-boot with SATA

Well, it was a bit-of-work to get Kubuntu 6.10 setup the way I wanted it. Here are my hardware specs:

Motherboard: MSI - K8NGM2
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64
    Memory: 1 GIG
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150
    Hard-disk: 80 GIG SATA
    DVD/CD: Sony DVD rw
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 955DF

I successfully setup a 32-bit chroot environment to run 32-bit PBASIC development software on my 64-bit system. This was a little difficult, but I was able to find some great resources on the web to help. I set the system up as a dual-boot with Windows XP. My plan is to move completely away from Windows.

I have to say, now that I got things the way I like them, Kubuntu rocks!!!!!!!! I am not very satisfied with this OS and highly recommend it.

However, there are a few issues with the 64-bit version. For example, there isn't a flash plugin for my browser, etc.... This isn't a concern because I can install firefox in my 32-bit environment and then install the flash plugin there if I really need it.

I think I may be one of the first to run Kubuntu on a 64-bit system with a SATA drive.

Re: X86_64 AMD dual-boot with SATA

Hi,

I guess you meant " I am not very satisfied with this OS and highly recommend it."

Anyway why you say that you should be one of first to play kubuntu 64 on a sata disk ? I'm using it on a sata disk with X2 64 bits processor from at least 1 year, you had troubles to set it up ?

Comment

Working...
    X