PipeWire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] PipeWire

In order to write modules for Jack one can install "libjack-jackd2-dev". Does PipeWire have something similar?

Code:
    ~$ apt-cache search pipewire |grep dev
    libpipewire-0.3-dev - libraries for the PipeWire multimedia server - development
    libspa-0.2-dev - libraries for the PipeWire multimedia server Simple Plugin API - development
    libkpipewire-dev - KDE's Pipewire library
    ~$ 
    ​

Please Read Me

Comment

The following:
      sudo apt install libpipewire-0.3-dev
      sudo apt install libspa-0.2-dev​
      did the trick, together with, in CMakeLists.txt,:
      set(PW_INCLUDE_DIR "/usr/include/pipewire-0.3/" "/usr/include/spa-0.2/")​
      Thanks.

Comment

This allowed me to compile, but where are the pw libs needed for linking? I cannot find then on Kubuntu 24.04 nor anywhere else.

Comment

There is a deb package her (https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/libspa-0.2-dev), but trying to install it results in errors.

Comment

I know nothing about pipewire or what you're trying to do, but it's generally not a good idea to install an outside package over an Ubuntu provided one.

Are you working under the assumption that libspa-0.2-dev in the repos is some how different than libspa-0.2-dev in Debian repos?

Please Read Me

Comment

This might help: https://www.ubuntuupdates.org/packag.../base/pipewire

Please Read Me

Comment

The official Ubuntu libs does not seem to work. The headers work OK, but I end up with linker errors, so maybe there is some kind of version mismatch. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Fixed. The PW dev-libs are now in:
                  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpipewire-0.3.so
                  and the linker is happy.

Comment

Originally posted by lydloke View Post
                    Fixed. The PW dev-libs are now in:
                    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpipewire-0.3.so
                    and the linker is happy.
                    In the future having the apt-file package installed will help with finding the package needed to get the file(s) missing.

Code:
                    zeus@9600k:~$ apt-file search x86_64-linux-gnu/libpipewire-0.3.so
                    libpipewire-0.3-0t64: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpipewire-0.3.so.0
                    libpipewire-0.3-0t64: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpipewire-0.3.so.0.1005.0
                    libpipewire-0.3-dev: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpipewire-0.3.so
                    As you can see it finds the file you wanted for the linker error, an apt-file update after installing allows any user to do the searches.

Comment

That's really good news. Will that be included in Ubuntu 24.10?

Comment

Originally posted by lydloke View Post
                        That's really good news. Will that be included in Ubuntu 24.10?
                        Just install it: sudo apt install apt-file
                        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Works fine. It is very similar to
                          find /usr | grep x86_64-linux-gnu/libpipewire-0.3.so

Comment

Working...
                          X