Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Filezilla launch problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Strange Filezilla launch problem

    Situation: I am returning to Kubuntu after an extended stay with Pop!_OS. Kubuntu is amazing, in comparison. So happy to be back. But I'm still trying to set up my usual work environment. Concerning Filezilla, I have two problems, and neither seems to be about Filezilla itself:

    1. From backups, I had an installation of Filezilla in my dir "/home/tomc//programs". Installing Kubuntu, and restoring my user account from backups, I removed that Filezilla installation and the reference to it in the launch menu. I installed Filezilla from the Ubuntu packages. The launch menu now tries to launch it by calling "filezilla", which makes sense. But then I get this error message:

    "Could not find the program /home/tomc/programs/filezilla3/bin/filezilla"

    How can it be looking for the program where I manually installed it (but manually removed it), and how can this have been invoked by "filezilla"? I never ever set it up to launch by calling "filezilla", and it should NOT be looking in that directory!

    How do I fix this?

    2. When I launch Filezilla from the command line with /usr/bin/filezilla, it launches appropriately. Inserting that into the launch menu and trying to launch using that gets the error message above.

    I am utterly baffled by this and don't know where to start in fixing it.

    #2
    If you're launching from the Menu, edit the menu entry to "/usr/bin/filezilla", or are you saying that doesn't work?

    Please Read Me

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks for your response. All is well, now. I cannot say why, but in recent day I've been making a lot of changes, upgrades, etc., and most problems I had earlier are just gone. A good outcome, even if I cannot explain it more precisely!

      Comment


        #4
        The Gods of Linux move in mysterious ways, LOL

        Please Read Me

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by tomcloyd View Post
          All is well, now. I cannot say why, but in recent day I've been making a lot of changes, upgrades, etc., and most problems I had earlier are just gone. A good outcome, even if I cannot explain it more precisely!
          I'm going to guess, that during your "making a lot of changes, upgrades, etc.,...", that you performed at least one reboot. That often cleans things up.
          Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦
          Windows no longer obstruct my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

          Comment


            #6
            Possibly. At this point I don't recall. I'm very aware of the power of a mere reboot, and am glad it's an easily achieved first (and last!) response to many problems!

            Comment

            Users Viewing This Topic

            Collapse

            There are 0 users viewing this topic.

            Working...
            X