Need help to install Kubuntu on to computer with 4K screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[XORG] Need help to install Kubuntu on to computer with 4K screen

I love KDE and I have a long time going with KDE on Manjaro. So Arch distro is not support to config Rasp Pi well. I'm looking a better way to go through with Kubuntu. But when I install Kubuntu version 24.04 on to laptop or desktop with 4K screen, my screen had malfunction with mouse point and taskbar. Its change a dimension when I move. I changed Wayland to XORG, as the same situation.
    Please help me fix

Welcome.

It would increase your chance that somebody can actually help you with your problem a lot, if you could provide details about all of your hardware, about software, the exact steps you took and your general set-up.

By the way, from the Kubuntu 24.04 LTS release notes: "A Plasma Wayland session is available for testing by installing the plasma-workspace-wayland package, but is not supported."
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Dual 4K screens on my desktop and a 4k laptop - no issues here. Sounds like a missing driver or driver error, not necessarily 4K issue.

Have you tried 1920x1080 instead?

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X