Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't boot after update

Hey

Today I updated my Kubuntu from 22.10 to 23.04 and after reboot it took ages to boot, getting this message: timed out for waiting the udev queue being empty.
    After doing a sudo systemctl disable systemd-udev-settle​ command, it showed some Tainted: P processes and didn't boot either.

The only way was to boot on Kernel 5.19. The Kernel 6.20 is not working...

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Someone here has similar issues https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...ith-new-kernel

Now I am wondering if I should wait before attempting at upgrade.

Comment

Updated another PC and got a kernel panic too.
      I had to boot with version 5.19.
      It seems kernel 6.20 have some major bugs...

Comment

The link that silocoder posted in # 2 had nothing to do with the kernel 6.2.x itself but with the proprietary Nvidia drivers.

Do you use Nvidia graphics cards? If not then this is not related at all…
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

This may help:
          There was some good news, the option to upgrade was automatically displayed this morning and it was all done in about 10 minutes and the download speed was a tad under 12 Mb/s which was really good to see. When the installation was complete it prompts to restart the PC and my PC would start the boot process and then stop. Tried

Comment

Working...
          X