Issues with connecting to wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ABANDONED] Issues with connecting to wifi

I'm trying to use kubuntu after a friend of mine wanted me to try out Linux. I like using it so I made a proper install and now am dual booting with Windows 11. I was getting all of my backups moved onto kubuntu when I noticed everything was running slowly. My friend thought that we need to install some nvidia graphics drivers, so we did through konsole until it asked me to reboot. I rebooted but now daemon wasn't recognizing any wifi at all. It still works fine on windows so I think that it's a problem with kubuntu. I do get my connection through a dongle but drivers wouldn't be the problem because it worked perfectly before. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

With no actual information at all I doubt anyone can help you. Consider clicking the link in my sig and adding some detail...

Please Read Me

Comment

I tried looking through the web but I couldn't find anything that i could understand without needing to look up ~40% of what anyone is saying, so if that's how the replies will be too I might as well just abandon this post and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by gary43 View Post
        I tried looking through the web but I couldn't find anything that i could understand without needing to look up ~40% of what anyone is saying, so if that's how the replies will be too I might as well just abandon this post and move on.
        We can't offer help if we don't know a little about your computer. Particularly the wifi card it has, as well as maybe the graphics card?.
        Originally posted by gary43 View Post
        My friend thought that we need to install some nvidia graphics drivers, so we did through konsole until it asked me to reboot.
        What precisely and exactly did you do here? it seems that installing whatever thing you installed from unspecified instructions somehow broke your wifi, which itself is weird. There are unfortunately a vast sets of different instructions out there for *everything* in Linux, and we don't know which ones you used.

We have nothing to go on here in order to begin helping, other than asking for details.

So.....tell us whatcha got, and whatcha did, as much as you can. if you are still around.
        Last edited by claydoh; Dec 30, 2022, 08:49 AM.

Comment

sorry he abandoned the thread. For others here are some minimum requirements to get good help from a forum.
          When asking for help
          Please state the make and model number of your machine or its specification [some problems may be equipment specific]
          If your not sure what hardware your using you can go to system setting and about system.
          Please tell us which distribution and build number you are having problems with [example Kubuntu 22.04]
          Explain what your problem is and what [if anything] you have tried to remedy it yourself (give as much detail as possible​)
          Last edited by kc1di; Dec 31, 2022, 06:43 AM.
          Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Working...
          X