Grub error during installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GRUB] Grub error during installation

I was installing Kubuntu 22.04.3 and encountered a grub error install failure.
    Is there a way to get past the grub error and continue installing Kubuntu?

I do have Mint and MX on my computer already with no grub problems.

Thanks in advance.

My go-to for this is to install without connecting to the internet, and making sure that the option to download and install updates is not checked.
    But do make sure to check and verify the ISO image, as well as trying different tools to create the USB stick, as well as trying other sticks, maybe.

Comment

I've had failures of the installer not making the correct partitions. You need an EF00 and EF02 partition in most cases, at least IME.

EF00 is a UEFI partition, should be about 512MB and formatted vfat (fat32) and I believe have the boot flag set.

EF02 is a BIOS boot partition and can be very small. GRUB needs and uses this space if your drive partitioning scheme is GPT.

My habit is to make the EF02 partition using sectors 34-2047 since that area is unused these days to provide proper partition alignment. This area total 1000.7 KiB and is big enough for GRUB.

Please Read Me

Comment

Does seem odd though, if you're already using Mint and MX. Mint is Ubuntu so you should already be correctly partitioned.

Your partition table print out, space available, etc. might be helpful if this is in fact part of the issue.

The exact error wording might help also...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X