Window size/screen resolution does not stick with VirtualBox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window size/screen resolution does not stick with VirtualBox

Tried changing screen resolution, it changes fine. When the system is rebooted, it comes back to the previously chosen resolution briefly, then it snaps back to the default. Resolution needs to be set again.

This isn't a VirtualBox forum nor does it sound like a Kubuntu problem. I'm not saying you can't ask for help on this forum, but unless you add more information that shows a relationship to Kubuntu it's posted in the wrong location. Something like that this didn't happen using a different version but happens now on 22.04 might indicate it's related to Kubuntu.

Regardless of where you've posted - there isn't enough detail in your post to offer any guidance.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks for replying - it works in kubuntu 20.04 as expected, have not run any other versions to verify. Not a huge deal, as I was lazy and did not set up ssh (which I normally use), just logged into the instance window and noticed the issue. While yes, it is likely VirtualBox-specific, it is also kubuntu-specific... I'm using the Quick Settings->Display and Monitor from the System Settings tool. Tried VBoxVGA, VBoxSVGA, VMSVGA adapters, a few different resolutions (1280x800, 1024x768).

Update: When I used the VirtualBox controls on the bottom of the screen, it seems to have worked now. So it does not seem to work with the tool kubuntu provides only.
      Last edited by gibacca; Apr 22, 2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X