Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading from 20.10 - don't really know what I'm doing (to 22.04 LTS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point here is that we are kinda just dumping a TON of info, perhaps it is a bit of information overload, without taking in to account the OP's experience level and desires. and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post

When I wrote my comment to agree with claydoh I thought exactly about that - but the difference is that at least openSUSE or Garuda ship a fully pre-configured snapper including several tools with their btrfs installation.

But you are also right: It doesn't matter that much for an average user if you choose ext4 or btrfs if you just do a standard installation and just use a GUI and a graphical backup tool afterwards.
      The funny thing is - at least a couple years ago - openSUSE had the most complicated BTRFS install I had ever seen! It had at least 5 separate subvolumes and all kinds of mess. I have been using BTRFS since tools version 0.19 and had never seen that kind of set up before. I have no idea why they did it that way. A classic case of over engineering if I've ever seen one. The *buntu default of one file system, two subvolumes, makes perfect sense.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X