Spontaneous Rebooting Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spontaneous Rebooting Issue

22.04 desktop installed without a problem but it is spontaneously rebooting at the startup screen, how do I fix this?

Welcome.

What exactly do you mean with "startup screen"? The log in screen where you enter your username and password?

And some more information about what you have exactly done could also be helpful to solve your problem (and did Kubuntu 22.04 LTS work before, is this the very first installation - to name something general as further examples).
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 23, 2024, 11:48 AM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Yes where I enter user name and password.

Comment

I have done nothing yet other than install it.

Comment

It is a new install first time.

Comment

Consider reinstalling? Since you haven't been able to log in or use it at all.
            is it rebooting before or after you attempt to log in at the login screen?

No messages or texts, or anything you might think is off (other then the reboot)?

Basic hardware info can be useful.

At this stage, I'd suggest trying the 24.04 release, which is out tomorrow officially. If your hardware is quite recent, this might have a better time on the current stuff.

Comment

It is rebooting without the log in screen being able to start other than a momentary appearance flash.

Comment

I'd say try a reinstall, using a fresh usb/fresh iso image.

Comment

Problem solved, it was the graphics card.

Comment

What card were you using, and what did you replace it with?
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I had a similar problem - after GRUB, I had a black and white screen for a short time. It was fixed by updating the Nvidia driver to the latest version.

Comment

Working...
                      X