Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Upgrade?

In 22.04.4, Discover pops up with this:
    [blue box with a check mark in it] System Upgrade (2 packages to upgrade, 65.2 MB)

What is that?
    Never noticed such a thing before. Is that still remaining in 22.04? or would that take me into a more recent version of Kubuntu? Wonder why that blue (option) box is already checked?
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

No, there is no more recent version of Kubuntu LTS (yet).

You should get more details when you click on it AFAIK.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Screenshot?
      Are you on the stock Plasma 5.24, or have you upgraded it via PPAs?

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
      Wonder why that blue (option) box is already checked?
      The box is always checked for updates
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240326_134213.png Views:	0 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	677671

Have you turned on the Offline Updates feature via System Settings by any chance?
      This it what updates look like when one has enabled this (this is not set as the default in 22.04):
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240326_134534.png Views:	0 Size:	67.4 KB ID:	677672
      And yes, the term "upgrade" is a poor choice here on KDE's part, but it does mention packages being upgraded below it.
      (someone should file a bug report on it, but someone is supposed to be working )

What shows when you click on the entry, then "more information"?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240326_134550.png Views:	0 Size:	78.6 KB ID:	677674 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240326_134559.png Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	677675

or would that take me into a more recent version of Kubuntu?
      No
      Last edited by claydoh; Mar 26, 2024, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, you are right. Detail only regarding a Thunderbird upgrade. How weird, never seen such before. Fairly harmless! Screenshot. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	63
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	677677
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Claydoh & S-K:

OK, so you see my post & screen shot now. Only RECENTLY did I turn on "enable off-line updates"!!! ha-ha

Comment

So, having turned on the Offline Updates feature last week (and for the first time), when I see an update available from Discover like that, I should re-boot, right?
            I am asking because I leave this PC on 7x24 and almost never re-boot unless prompted by the OS.

Comment

So, having turned on the Offline Updates feature last week (and for the first time), when I see an update available from Discover like that, I should re-boot, right?
              I am asking because I leave this PC on 7x24 and almost never re-boot unless prompted by the OS.
              The updates are not applied until you reboot, I think you do get a prompt or message to do so.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X