Taskbar not showing open programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Taskbar not showing open programs

My taskbar used to show open windows to the right of my quick-launch icons and left of the system tray. Now it doesn't. What setting have I screwed up? Thanks.

It probably was deleted/removed somehow. The Task Manager is just a panel widget. it can be added back.

Two ways can do this. One is to right click on the panel somewhere, enter Edit Mode >> More option >> Remove Panel. Close out the edit view, then, right click on your desktop near the bottom, select Add Panel >> Default Panel, or Default Kubuntu Panel. Not sure what the difference is, not sure that there is one, but don't hold me to that . Either one will get you a standard panel with the common widgets, such as the menu, a task manager widget, system tray, widget, and desktop pager.

The other way is to right click on the panel, >> Add Widgets>> search for "Task". Click, then Drag the Icons Only Task Manager (KDE's default option) or the classic 'Task manager" to your panel to where you want it to go. Other widgets will slide out of the way as you drag the widget left and right while holding the mouse button, so you will see where it fits.
    Last edited by claydoh; Jul 30, 2023, 04:44 PM.

Comment

All is well. Thank you again. (You know, at some point you really should send me a tuition bill.)

Comment

Working...
      X