Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

update to 22.04 from 20 removed a lot of parameters and deleted random softwares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update to 22.04 from 20 removed a lot of parameters and deleted random softwares

Hi,

After the udpate I had to :
    -reactivate the file indexation which was turned off with the update, I don't know why
    -redownload openshot video editor which somehow disappeared and I may not know which other program then disappeared?
    -Games and and other new software installs could have been asked before update
    -My background screen had been changed + font size

Well, it's not too much worries but the thing is that I don't know what else was changed without notice if all of this was changed.

Can you tell me where I could report this so that it does not happen in next updates?

Originally posted by kubuntuser329 View Post
    -redownload openshot video editor which somehow disappeared and I may not know which other program then disappeared?
    The upgrade will have prompted you with a list of what was being removed, assuming you used the GUI tool or followed official instructions.
    Conflicts between the packages, especially from non-standard sources you may have added might have been removed due to dependency conflicts between the old system and new. Without seeing that list, we can;'t tell.

-reactivate the file indexation which was turned off with the update, I don't know why
    I don't recall indexing ever being disabled before, but maybe it was simply a safe thing to do, and never was turned back on?

-Games and and other new software installs could have been asked before update
    This would have been included in the list of changes presented to you.

I think this one may be the 'minimal install' upgrade 'bug'. The kubuntu-desktop meta-package depends on all the games, etc. A minimal install actually uninstalls the extras from the default install, as they are baked into the OS image in the ISO. But the meta-package is still there, and upgrades seem to sometimes pull all the extras back in. I think there is a bug report on this, but I can't locate it.

-My background screen had been changed + font size
    No idea on that

Can you tell me where I could report this so that it does not happen in next updates?
    bugs.launchpad.net, but I am not sure what package to specify for upgrade bugs.Probably ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt

Last edited by claydoh; Jun 11, 2023, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to answer clay.

I indeed did not check the minimal installation option.

Still, in the start menu you have uninstalled programs who promotes themselves for installation, making it very bloated, like if I type gam.. then I will see obtain gamazon, obtain game conqueror etc.
      Any idea on how to remove those suggestions?
      Kind regards,

Comment

Working...
      X