This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Wrong widget positions

After upgrading to kubuntu 22.04, widgets are repositioned after reboot.
    This happens only to widgets at the bottom of the screen (they go up), it seems like plasma thinks that the screen ends before the bottom
    Here's a video to make it more clear (it's in slow motion, check bottom right of the screen): (I'm not allowed to post links, please DM me)
    Any known solution to this? I've tried removing all widgets and placing them again, but the problem persists.

Not sure the cause, but the solution for me was to reduce the panel height down until it behaved again, which was fine as I found it too big anyway.

Right click on the task bar and enter edit mode. "Reduce panel height" spinners should be dead center.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadYoung View Post
      Not sure the cause, but the solution for me was to reduce the panel height down until it behaved again, which was fine as I found it too big anyway.

Right click on the task bar and enter edit mode. "Reduce panel height" spinners should be dead center.
      I don't want to change the taskbar size, I like it big haha.
      However, I've tried changing it and the displacement is far less. It has clearly something to do with the space plasma thinks the taskbar is taking.
      I've observed than first, the widgets are rendered at their correct position, then the taskbar is rendered and widgets get moved (I suppose the height of the taskbar).
      And they don't return to their original position.
      Last edited by tremon36; Sep 20, 2022, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X