This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[XORG] Holding down volume buttons ends current session

I've had this happen with two different wireless keyboards.
    One was a Logitech K800 (may it rest in peace) and now on a Rii RT518.

On the Logitech, the volume buttons were directly above the touchpad. Almost every day, if I held down the volume +/- buttons, I'd get kicked out of my session, back to the login screen. I figured it was because of some gesture I was accidentally performing, by accidentally touching the touchpad while I was adjusting volume, so I always just blamed myself and shrugged it off.

Well, my Logitech's charger port broke the other day, and we switched to the Rii, which has its volume buttons located on the F3 and F4 keys, nowhere near the touchpad. To my surprise, just holding down the Volume up or down buttons has logged me out of my session twice this morning.

Pretty sure this is a bug, but not sure how to go about proving it, because I assume it only happens on media room wireless keyboards with built-in touchpads.

Anybody have any thoughts about this?

PS - The maddening this about this is that I cannot perform the bug on command. It just happens sporadically.
    Last edited by bradleypariah; Jul 18, 2022, 11:02 AM.
    Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

I get the same too, apparently it's a bug with X11

See reply on: https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment...essing_volume/

Comment

Very helpful! I just changed my key Rate to 14 r/s. If that solves it, great! Thanks.
      Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
      Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

Comment

It didn't solve it, by the way.
        I tried switching to Wayland, but it really just doesn't run well on my system. Everything seems choppy and buggy.

Comment

Working...
        X