Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to enable the new Cover-Switch / Flip-Switch 3D animation?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to enable the new Cover-Switch / Flip-Switch 3D animation?

Hi,

According to Bug 443757 a replacement for the Cover-Switch and Flip-Switch animation should be part of kwin 5.24.
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=443757

Since Upgrade to Kubuntu 22.04 I'm running:
    Code:
    $ dpkg -l 'kwin-common'  
    Gewünscht=Unbekannt/Installieren/R=Entfernen/P=Vollständig Löschen/Halten
    | Status=Nicht/Installiert/Config/U=Entpackt/halb konFiguriert/
            Halb installiert/Trigger erWartet/Trigger anhängig
    |/ Fehler?=(kein)/R=Neuinstallation notwendig (Status, Fehler: GROSS=schlecht)
    ||/ Name           Version           Architektur  Beschreibung
    +++-==============-=================-============-=================================
    ii  kwin-common    4:5.24.4-0ubuntu1 amd64        KDE window manager, common files
    So my assumption would be, that those effects should be available Only I cannot find them - can you please point me in the right direction
    Click image for larger version  Name:	KWin-Effects.png Views:	8 Size:	95.5 KB ID:	663898

Click image for larger version  Name:	KWin-Effects_download.png Views:	6 Size:	273.2 KB ID:	663897
    Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 24, 2022, 09:19 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220624_074551-1.png
Views:	152
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	663903

Comment

In German I would say: "Ein Bild sagt mehr als Tausend Worte" - "A picture says more than a thousand words".

Thanks - That was helpful to the point

PS: In case someone finds this in a search engine and cannot see the picture (they are only available when logged in):
      Even though this is a 3D effect, it is not found with the other effects anymore. Instead the task-switcher got it's own settings-page (just search for keyword "switch")
      The section "visualization" features an innocent combobox, likely reading "Breeze" by default for you.

Comment

Working...
      X