Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amdgpu radeon GPU

Hi,

I'm trying to use the video card in my lenovo e580, a Lexa PRO [Radeon 540/540X/550/550X / RX 540X/550/550X], as my main gpu, but I'm currently having problems in that I can't enable it.
    via lshw, I see it regularly, along with the internal cpu one.
    I tried installing the drivers on the site ( specific for the rx550, although I don't think they are the correct ones ), but even so nothing to do.
    i also tried forcing it from grub via the command
    amdgpu.dc=1 radeon.modeset=0
    but even so nothing to do. could anyone help me ?

Version Kubuntu 22.04.2
    Kernel 5.19.041

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2023-05-12_09-56-33.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	670766

Originally posted by daniel9411 View Post
    […]
    I tried installing the drivers on the site ( specific for the rx550, although I don't think they are the correct ones )[…]
    Which drivers on which site?
    Normally one doesn't have to install anything for AMD GPUs at all (OpenCL being the only exception I know of - which is a specialized usecase).

Is there a setting in your UEFI (BIOS) to disable the Intel UHD Graphics or at least prefer the AMD GPU? Is your UEFI (BIOS) up to date, btw?
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

This kinda old but might lead you somewhere:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1306...deon-to-amdgpu

https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...lt-in-intel-gr
      Last edited by oshunluvr; May 13, 2023, 01:30 PM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X