Dolphin a 4TB SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin a 4TB SSD

What does a red line under the SSD mean? I was playing TESS Anniversary Edition yesterday and now my steam library is all grey d out.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

It is full.

You can verify it in a few ways.
    Click on the drive entry and see what it shows in Dolphin
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230401_121400-1.png
Views:	132
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	669606
    OR
    Right click on the entry and check properties

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230401_121827.png
Views:	118
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	669607

Comment

Either df -hT or df -hiT could tell you why it is full.
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 01, 2023, 11:23 AM.
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

It's not completely full maybe the red is a warning that it is getting full. Why won't steam see it since it only has steam games on it?
        Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

It is a BTRFS so could that have gotten messed up for steam?

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
            It's not completely full maybe the red is a warning that it is getting full. […]
            Yes. The line turns to red when only a certain percentage of the drive is free (5% I guess?).

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
              It is a BTRFS so could that have gotten messed up for steam?
              I like to know the logic underlying this potential conclusion. For the record, A have steam installed and several large games and nearly all my file systems are BTRFS. "Barking up the wrong tree comes to mind." I've never heard of the file system type being responsible for filling it up.

Now, it is possible something is wrong with your filesystem. It happens. But not probable.
              As possible is a runaway application has created a mess and left behind a large file or files. Also not probable.
              WAY more likely the file system is simply full. I didn't see any details about the filesystem itself like it's size or free space.

My Steam application folder (/home/<USER>/.local/share/steam) is 160GB. Seems feasible yours is larger.

A good start might be to open Konsole, navigate to the mount is question, and run this:

du -sch .[!.]* * |sort -h

Please Read Me

Comment

I suggest also
                Code:
                sudo btrfs fi usage /home/$USER/.local/share/steam
                This can give a better idea of the free space; some tools are confused by COW (copy-on-write).
                Regards, John Little

Comment

Or the sooper-seemple program called Filelight.......

Comment

As an alternative to Filelight I often use ncdu to check something like this in Konsole. Don't know how well it works with btrfs, though.
                    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 03, 2023, 02:46 AM.

Comment

I solved it like this:

I renamed my Steam library something else then I told Steam to make a new library then I used Dolphin to copy all the files and directories from the old library to the new one. Now Steam can see the games again. I suspect the steam cloud sync got a hiccup and messed up the link so badly that Steam couldn't see the library so it couldn't even try to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                      X