Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shortcuts for softwares

Dear All,

In settings, shortcuts, shortcuts, service for shortcuts there is the possibility to create shortcuts to launch softwares.
    I have shortcuts with F1-12, alt-F1-12, meta-F1-12, alt-character, meta-character, ctr-character, but I cannot launch telegram and kolourpaint neither with alt-character nor with meta-character (I precisely tried alt-T, meta-T, alt-next and alt-play).
    Is this normal?
    Last edited by nicrnicr; Nov 11, 2023, 07:09 AM.

I opened System Settings > Shortcuts > Shortcuts > +Add Application > then chose "GNU Image Manipulation Program" (aka GIMP) and assigned Alt+G and then clicked "apply". It works perfectly.

Maybe you're using shortcuts assigned to something else? I know Next and Play are assigned to Media functions.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thank you oshunluvr for your answer.
      As meta-T didn't work, I tried alt-T, which was previously used to open Thunderbird. alt-T doesn't open Telegram nor Kolourpaint but opens Thunderbird. I have few other softwares that can be opened with alt-character.
      What is curious is that the only two softwares that I cannot open should have been previously openable with meta+character (but it didn't work).

Comment

Working...
      X