Rotate the SDDM login screen (22.04)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotate the SDDM login screen (22.04)

Pardon me, I'm new into Linux. Due to some weird quirk, i mounted my monitor upside down. I could rotate my main screen, but the first login screen still showing on normal position. I tried to rotate it from this instruction. But no avail after restart and logout. Only at lock and sleep (after login) which they display on the right orientation. Any idea of how to rotate first login screen?

For what i did on that instruction :
    1. Accessing /usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup
    2. Paste the rotate command directly at very bottom of the line and save
    3. Accessing /var/lib/sddm/state.conf​ via vim and paste the trigger command at the very bottom (X11 blablabla), save

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1254...n-screen-20-04

Please Read Me

Comment

oshunluvr Your link is the same one the OP indicated.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

• oshunluvr
        oshunluvr commented
        Editing a comment
        Bleary morning eyes did not see the link in the text...

I think you need to modify something else to add custom settings. I'll double check when I'm not working and can switch over to my PC which has a custom monitor config for SDDM

OK >>>> maybe not. I can't find any edits I did to disable one of my screens in SDDM, and I suspect I removed the change, or it was overridden somehow.

A problem is that we have different locations for sddm configs, including /etc/sddm.conf, /etc/sddm. /etc/sddm.conf.d, as well as simila stuff in /usr/share/sddm/

Originally posted by masdongo View Post
      Paste the rotate command directly at very bottom of the line and save
      can you show what you discovered and used for the command to rotate the monitor? Can we assume that it works when you run it manually?
      Last edited by claydoh; Jun 26, 2023, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Going to the Arch Wiki/Manpages (as always), this works:

Edit "/etc/sddm.conf" and add this:

Code:
        [X11]
        DisplayCommand=/usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup

Note that if the [X11] section already exists, just add the DisplayCommand line below it.

Edit "/usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup" and add this:

Code:
        xrandr --output DisplayPort-0 --rotate inverted

Note here that "DisplayPort-0" is the monitor name on my system. Enter "xrandr" into a konsole terminal ​and find the name of your monitor. It will be the first "word" on the second line of the xrandr output.

Reboot and this is the result:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230627_162448832.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	671726

Obviously works as requested. I suggest undoing all other edits you've done and try the above.​

Reference link:
        https://man.archlinux.org/man/sddm.conf.5
        Last edited by oshunluvr; Jun 27, 2023, 10:38 AM. Reason: grammar

Please Read Me

Comment

No matter what anyone says about Arch Linux (their forum support is, well, very terse!), their Wiki pages are excellent!
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
            […] Reboot and this is the result:
            Click image for larger version Name:	PXL_20230627_162448832.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	671726
            I am feeling a bit seasick now…
            Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
            Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
            install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

• oshunluvr
              oshunluvr commented
              Editing a comment
              You should try typing in that mode!!!
          Working...
          X