Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else remember being able to put a space in Window Decorations > Titlebar Buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else remember being able to put a space in Window Decorations > Titlebar Buttons?

I can't remember exactly when this disappeared but I clearly remember being able to do it. Might have been a KDE4 thing or maybe a specific theme ?

It seems simple enough - there was a Button you could choose that did nothing but insert a blank space.

I have a tendency to be a little careless with my mouse cursor position - plus I have a very high resolution mouse making it worse. So sometimes I close a window when I wanted to maximize it. In the past I would move the CLOSE button to the left of the Min/Max buttons and put a space in between it and the Min/Max buttons, this totally eliminating the issue.

I wonder if this is something I could create myself...

Please Read Me

I'm using Breeze and there is a "Null" button but it's not available in System Settings...

Please Read Me

Comment

You can rearrange Titlebar Buttons: System Settings > Appearance > Window Decorations > Titlebar Buttons
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I vaguely recall a spacer option back in the olden days, but I don't see anything either, or references to it. Maybe some custom Kvantum engine thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          You can rearrange Titlebar Buttons: System Settings > Appearance > Window Decorations > Titlebar Buttons
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230608_144033.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	671329
          Yes, but you can't add space. They're either left justified or right justified. I want to add a space.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            I vaguely recall a spacer option back in the olden days, but I don't see anything either, or references to it. Maybe some custom Kvantum engine thing?
            I've been digging through the Breeze theme and as I said, there is a "Null" button that's blank. But the CSS file doesn't seem to actually be used. This is in /usr/share/themes/Breeze/assets/

I'm gonna try it anyway. What could go wrong

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X