Dolphin information panel not displaying preview properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Dolphin information panel not displaying preview properly

Since upgrading to Kubuntu 22.04, I have previews in the Dolphin information panel like I used to, but the image resolution is poor. I used to be able to read the contents of a pdf file preview, so I did not have to open the file, which was great when searching several documents. This is no longer possible. The preview image is smaller than before and it looks like there is no way to increase the size. I'm attaching a screenshot which hopefully should illustrate the problem. Please let me know if there is any information I can share that will help solve the problem.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

What works is increasing the font DPI opposed to scaling. Try increasing your font DPI in System Settings.

Please Read Me

Comment

Increasing font DPI affects the entire Dolphin window, so everything increases in size. What I'm trying to achieve is a more visible preview in the information pane. It seems like something changed after the update to 22.04 that affected Dolphins ability to show a clear preview. If I have the Dolphin window maximised and the information panel takes about half the screen, I'm only getting a small preview that doesn't fill the available space. The preview can't be resized either. High resolution photos show nicely and fill the panel, but it looks like pdf and other document type files aren't being rendered properly. Here is a screenshot of a photo that is highlighted and its preview. This also seems to be limited in size, it doesn't fill the available space, but because the image is a high resolution, the preview is clear. Compare this with the previous screenshot showing a pdf document, the preview is small and text isn't clear. I used to have previews that were clear enough that when checking before opening a document I could read the text to confirm that I was selecting the correct document. This is no longer the case. I'm not sure this is caused by Dolphin itself , or if it's the fault of something else, but I have no ideas on where to look. Is there anything that would affect the quality of text document and pdf previews outside of Dolphin?

Comment

Forgot to attach the screenshot. Here it is. Thanks for your help so far.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

If it's a change from earlier behavior, you should probably file a bug on it.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X