This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale fonts on printer when using Kate

I'm using Kubuntu 21.10 with a 32 inch 4K monitor. Desktop scaling is enabled and set to 112%.
    In Kate I'm using the HACK font which is set to font size 12.

When I print a document from Kate, the printed fonts are too big. Disabling the desktop scaling doesn't change anything.
    I have to set the font size in Kate to 5 to get a document with a normal readable font size on paper.
    The scaling options for printing don't help either as they don't scale down.

It seems that Kate is saving the documents with a large font size as opening and printing those documents from LibreOffice, gives me the same result.

How do I fix this?

Check your File Type Options under Properties and make sure your text documents are opening with Kate and not LibreOffice.

Comment

AFAIK, Kate just saves plain text - no font coding inserted. Simple enough to prove; just create a plain text file and save it with Kate. Then in the terminal use "cat -A " to view the test file. carriage returns show as a $.

Have you tried printing to PDF using both programs and viewing the result?

Seems to me if both programs are printing large, the issue isn't Kate, it's your printer settings - either driver or spooler

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X