This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Bluetooth disabled

I was running Ubuntu Studio for the past 3 weeks and was loving it, then all of a sudden my Bluetooth stops working. I went into settings > Bluetooth and try to click the enable button but nothing happens - so I redmformat, everything's working fine for a couple hours, then the Bluetooth stops working again. So I figured I'd try Kubuntu 21.10 (pretty sure its 21.10) and from fresh format, Bluetooth is automatically disabled- nothing seems to fix it... any help?
    Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 29, 2021, 10:11 AM.

PC specs? Desktop or Laptop. Bluetooth 'built in' or via a dongle?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

"disabled" in what way? Like won't turn on? Have you checked rfkill?

Please Read Me

Comment

I'm gonna guess its a Realtek wifi/bluetooth card, the bane of users everywhere when it doesn't work, and there are 19920014 different possible fixes or tweaks, depending on the exact day the thing was manufactured, as well as the phase of the moon, both then and today.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          Realtek wifi/bluetooth card
          Or in some circles, the Schrödinger wifi/bluetooth card. It both works and doesn't work, at the same time, and you only know which state it is in (working/not working) when you actually use it!
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Its an imac desktop running kubuntu - I can post my specs when I get home from work, thanks for the assistance guys!!

Comment

Working...
            X